Subject: RE: weirdness solved
To: 'Michael G. Schabert' <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/2003 17:42:14
> later. The damage that is done by using the wrong kernel is
> cumulative (the longer you use it, the more damage is done until it
> no longer boots). I've only ever used Quadras for m68k, so others

Uh oh, I think I hit that point.  What timing.  I was in the middle of compiling and I did a "ps" and it froze.  I think this manual fsck is going to take all night.  Better off reformatting and installing the other kernel.  Any benchmarks as to how much slower it is at reads/writes?

Tim
--
Tim Larson     <><   <><   <><   <><   <><     OL 4-131-2
Info. Services - Int. Med. Clin. Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester