Subject: Re: IIsi Ethernet
To: Paul Lieberman <lieb@sou.edu>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/2003 22:28:57
Hi,

>  Thanks for the quick reply. I swaped the NIC for an even older older
> Kenetics (Shiva-Novell) Etherport II Nubus card with a Nubus adaptor for
> the IIsi. Once again works fine under MacOS but hangs under NetBSD.

Maybe this may help nothing, but it's worth a try: how about turning off
AppleTalk in MacOS, powering down, then seeing if it will work in NetBSD?
Some hardware requires MacOS to initialise it, but maybe the card is left
in a state which NetBSD doesn't like?

BTW - I finally got a CS ethernet card for a Q630 (wanting to use it as an
IP NAT router), and it works a little - but if I use it under MacOS, it
locks the system when I try to use it. "A little" means I can ping other
machines and initiate connections, but cannot ping it or connect to it.
Strange, and not usable as it is.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs