Subject: Re: Kernel 1.6 and IDE support
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/2003 16:53:07
Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Bruce ONeel wrote:
>
> > I have a system which under 1.5.x used to let me use the installer
> > to copy files to/from the netbsd partitions.  Under 1.6 (with scsi)
> > I'm unable to access the netbsd partitions.
>
> The installer didn't change between 1.5 and 1.6. Do you mean the
> installer doesn't work with 1.6-created file systems, or what exactly?

Hi,

Sorry, that wasn't clear.

On the powerbook 500 I'm running on here I get the following
when I run installer 1.1h

After the root scsi id dialog it finds rsd0a etc and then I get

/: bad dir ino 2 at offset 0:  mangled entry

Then I have the option of exiting.

A forced fsck from single user mode seems content though.

I build this system with the 1.6 sysinstall kernel.

I get a different error message on the system at home.  I'll check
tonight.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce