Subject: Re: Kernel 1.6 and IDE support
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/2003 16:04:58
Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> wrote:

> The installer and Mkfs probably never will support IDE. Use
> "sysinstall" from a recent snapshot.

Hi,

Somewhat related to this...

I have a system which under 1.5.x used to let me use the installer
to copy files to/from the netbsd partitions.  Under 1.6 (with scsi)
I'm unable to access the netbsd partitions.

Is there some other solution to coping files to/from the hfs partitions?

Why do I ask?  I run a really stripped down MacOS 7.5 (the
network boot disk) and I don't have TCP/IP access from macos.
Some files, of course, have to be copied to the mac partition
though.

I could run netatalk but I was trying to be lazy and avoid
this.

Thanks very much!

cheers

bruce