Subject: Kernel 1.6 and IDE support
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Trautmann <traut@gmx.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/07/2003 10:02:52
Hi all,

what's the latest approach to run NetBSD from an IDE drive? mkfs,
installer and booter all do expect a SCSI drive.

I've found (dead) links to
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ie9t-sbgk/NetBSD/netbsd_GENERIC_030319.gz
which probably was a 1.5 kernel?

I managed to partition a 750 MB HD on a PowerBook 190 (CPU 68LC040, 66
MHz, PMMU integrated, FPU none, 32 MB RAM) in 150 MB Mac, 200 MB for root,
64 MB for swap and > 300 MB for usr.

However, I don't know how to install the system to it. I could gunzip the
archives directly to these partitions, instead of using the installer. But
how to boot?

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/private/kenn/IDE/ should offer a booter, but does not
work at the moment.

Did anyone manage to install NetBSD on a PowerBook 190 (or similar) yet?
It's not named in the list of supported, nor unsupported devices.

Thanks for any help,
Martin