Subject: Re: Custom Kernel doesn't want to boot
To: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
From: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/2003 20:18:25
On donderdag, juli 24, 2003, at 06:11 PM, Joshua Coombs wrote:

> I'm attempting to build a 1.6.1 kernel for my SE/30, stripped down
> as far as I dare.  Booter loads it, switches vid modes, claims to
> boot, but then locks hard.  This symptom mean anything to anyone or
> do I get to track it down by hand? : )

Have you disabled DDB? The mac68k booter requires this option in order
to boot. I heve wondered for several months why custom kernels would
not boot while self-built GENERIC kernels did work, until the kind
people on this mailing list told me the in-kernel debugger was really
necesscary :-)

I hope this information can help you. I wish you good luck anyway.

--
Kind Regards,

Reinier Jonker