Subject: Re: SE/30 Upgrading
To: None <jcoombs@gwi.net>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/2003 18:58:09
>I have just recieved an SE/30 I bought off ebay for nefarious purposes.  I
>also have in my posession, a mac SE, with a Daystar Powercache 68030-50, no
>fpu installed.  Can I yank that off the SE adapter, and install it direct
>into the pds slot on my SE/30, and will my onboard FPU still function or
>will the powercache try to take over for it and leave me fpu less?

Don't know if it will or not....

Why don't you give it a try and report back.  I have a Powercache
030/50 myself which I was using with a IIci but never have tried with
the SE/30.

If you need the drivers to make the Powercache work with MacOS, lemme
know and I'll send 'em your way.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey E. Benedict                     raoul@olympus.net

"Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right
time, even usually surpassing knowledge..."
                   - E.J. Potter, "The Minnesota Madman"