Subject: Re: LC040 mk.conf tuning
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/2003 15:43:50
> > Not so...  The C610 was a LC040 machine; the top-end C610s had ethernet
> > on the motherboard.  That's what I had.
>
> wow didn't know that. So I must be a "lucky" Q610 owner. BTW, i think it is
> a nice machine in a nice case. like the old SparcStations, I miss this
> formfator in modern world.

I should clarify - I forgot about the Centris 610, but there were Centris
650s which came with LC040s which didn't have ethernet on the motherboard.
I personally had a salesperson sell me one as if it were a full Centris
650.

> I hope that in this whole LC040 discussion you will not forget that there
> are fpu-less 030 computers that would rejoy with a wokring fpu-emulation
> kernel. Or if you make a "LC" distribution and do not want to also fix the
> kernel... don't forget us LC2/LC3 owners.

Yes, we will not forget! Just as we won't forget that there are some LC040
Amigas out there (but not nearly as many as Macs).

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs