Subject: Re: Basilisk][ booting
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/2003 09:47:18
Joshua asked:
> Could someone crank out a build of booter that
> does not make that test in the begining

	I could supply such a beast if you want, but it will not help.
It will load the kernel, and then say something like "No PCB"

	You see, I ported Basilisk II to MacOS X so that I could test
and debug the Booter without having to continually reboot or swap
between machines.

	The problem is that Basilisk II does not emulate an MMU.
So, even if you could get around the device issues, it would
never actually be usable for netbsd.

	John is right. You would have better luck with UAE.