Subject: Re: (Broken) LC040 & alternative distribution
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/2003 16:18:32
David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Allen Briggs wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:42:36PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > > 	d) Provide an complete alternative m68k-softfloat distribution.
> >
> > I think that this is the best solution.  I might even go so far as
> > to say that we should have two MACHINE_ARCHs: m68k and m68knofp or
> > something.  I don't think this would be a drop-in in the current
> > world, though.  My concern is that it would be nice to have pre-built
> > binary packages built both with and without FPU support.
>
> 	Would a good first step be to see if Bruce would be interested
> 	in updating his MKSOFTFLOAT changes to current and look at
> 	integrating them?
>
> 	Ideally the mechanism should be extendable to other architectures
> 	so if someone did the MD work they should be able to build an
> 	i386-nofp distribution :)

Hi,

As John Klos already wrote, he's given me an account to start
working with this on.   Is there some short deadline here?  I'm
about to start 3 weeks of vacation at the end of the week, and,
as per usual, we're going to do a software release at work
just before I go.  Ergo my free time is rapidly evaporating.

So I will get to it, just probably not before the end of the month.

Thanks to John for the accounts, and to Joshua for the offers
of an account.  These will help.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce