Subject: Re: (Broken) LC040 & alternative distribution
To: None <jcoombs@gwi.net>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/2003 16:11:24
Hi,

There seems to be two LC040 problems (on macs)

- ones which work with the SoftFPU control panel
- ones which do not work with the SoftFPU control panel.

The LC040s which work with SoftFPU should, but don't, work
with a FPU emulator.  My *guess* is that the stack is geting
munged in some odd way since you hit a FLine trap and return
to some random place in the code.

The LC040s which don't work with SoftFPU, these seem to be
the earliest ones, will never work with a FPU emulator.

Building with -msoft-float fixes both of these types.
Someone who is bright could probably make the LC040s
which work with SoftFPU work with the existing
FPU emulator.  I had no luck though.

cheers

bruce