Subject: Re: Q950 (was Re: Performa 550)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@portents.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/2003 10:56:58
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 08:40:26AM -0400, Steve Byan wrote:
> > Yep, I think those were shipped in the Apple Workgroup Server versions
> > of the Q950. I think Apple only supported them under Unix.
>
> I know the former is true.  I'm not sure about A/UX-only support.
>
> -allen

Not sure that I believe what Low End Mac has to say about it, but here it
is:

http://www.lowendmac.com/quadra/q950.shtml

"The Apple Workgroup Server was a special version of the Quadra 950
designed to run Apple's version of Unix. The only difference between the
Quadra 950 and the AWS 95 is the presence of the Apple Workgroup Server
PDS Card in the AWS 95. To use the 95 as a standard Mac, you must remove
that card."

Apple's Tech Docs:

http://www.geo.tu-freiberg.de/docs/apple/aux/aws95_pds_card_description.html

--