Subject: LC3 & NetBSD 1.6.1
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/2003 01:05:31
Hello,

I continued the odyssey of intalling netBSD on my Lc3. I premit that 1.4.3
was working perfectly on it.

I reported newfs creation problem (I have a grab for this, if someone wants
the exact message)> I retried some times, reformatting the disk from macos,
nothing.
I took them my quadra out of the "rack" where it lives, echnaged disks and
installed. Now it did work on the same disk.
Could the installer be so greedy that 12mb of ram aren't enough for sysinst
to create a filesystem? "/" would be in the case the ram disk which could
make more sense.
IMHO we should try to support somehow also 8/12 mb macs with sysinst, since
that works and macos installing remains shaky (besides mkfs creating an
older-type fs).

now I have the lc3 up and running, I have 2 main problems

1. NETWORK. does something changed in 1.6.1? something I may overlook? the
lc3 repsonds to the network form the extern. I can even telnet into it, ping
it. but i can ping or reach enything from the lc3, no ping, no telnet... BUT
one thing it does, it resolves IP's, so something from that box exists.
I have a resonable ifconfig, hosts and resolv.conf file. SUggestions

2. startx coredumps. maybe 12mb aren't enough? but earlier 8 mb of my macII
were enough... and anyway there is plenty of swap space.

greets,
Riccardo

PS: the lc3 has no FPU, could it somehow be related with the problems?