Subject: Re: Hello.
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68_k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/2003 17:50:38
>> I have installed NetBSD/Mac68k onto an old Centris 650 and am using it
>> currently as a webserver and NAT router to server my home network.
>> It's been up and running nonstop for 22 days now and everything seems
>> to work well. I just subscribed to the list and want to say hello.
>
>My IIci's record was 198 days, and it only stopped there because I had to
>shut it down to physically move it. Been up ever since.

Gee, I ran NetBSD 68K on my main web server for several years and I believe
I had exactly one outage that wasn't caused by SOE (Stupid Operator Error -
i.e. I powered it down by mistake, etc.)

That one crash was when I was twisting its tail by messing in
the kernel with gdb.

My current 68K machine is my "monitor" machine and it monitors the health of
the other servers on my network, and calls me on the phone if anything
is amiss.  That has been up since August of 2001 with two reboots.
(one to change a UPS and the other when I hit the power button - OOPS)

NetBSD 68K - when it has to actually *work*. ;->

-dgl-