Subject: Q950 (was Re: Performa 550)
To: Steve Byan <stevebyan@mac.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/2003 13:50:55
On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 01:12:34PM -0400, Steve Byan wrote:
> Video's not supported, so you have to run headless, but

Technically, the video is supported, but the keyboard isn't.  This is
probably just a matter of someone spending some time on it.  Linux does
work with the IOPs well enough to have ADB working.  If anyone want to
work on this, please drop me a line.  I wish I had time to play with it,
myself.

> BTW, does the Q950 SCSI hardware fall under the Quadra-AV SCSI DMA
> umbrella, or is a different driver required for it? If it is a
> different SCSI driver, is anyone working on one?

It's different.  There are two different common configurations of
SCSI on the Q950.  The on-board SCSI should work (esp0 & esp1).
We're not running it through the IOPs, though, which might be
possible for much more performance.  I haven't really looked at
that.  Apple also had a separate PDS card with SCSI on it, though,
and that's not supported.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/