Subject: Re: Performa 550
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/2003 19:40:40
on 6/27/03 7:12 PM, Steve Byan at stevebyan@mac.com wrote:

> It's not a minitower (it's a full-sized tower), but I'm partial to the
> Quadra 950 I hauled home from the computer-recycling boneyard at the
> town dump. Video's not supported, so you have to run headless, but
> works like a champ except for the woeful disk performance of NetBSD on
> the 68K Macs. Too bad, because for a Mac the Q950 has pretty good SCSI
> hardware, a hefty power supply, and room for five internal disks plus
> CD-ROM and floppy.

I can't even boot it headless.
Due *probably* to the fact that I have the HD externaly attached.
Some times agoi we had some discussion here, someone here was helping me,
asked for some data, but then everything silenced.

Since I will probably phase out soon my Q950 from "mac" use, having scsi
support would be nice (well, as would be video, or floppy or sound...)

Linux68k boots and runs on both the q950 and the IIfx, no DMA though so it
is *real* slow and you iloose chars while typing, but at least it boots.

-ric