Subject: Re: 7600 OF garbage
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/2003 11:28:14
> > * You set your output device to /chaos/control?
>
> There's the rub. In my experience with 7600s, NO setting will make
> the on-board video work. I'm not saying that's true for 7600s across
> the board, but it was for the two I was using, and sticking to the
> serial console meant I could get something useful.

That must be specific to the 7600, though. I just installed 1.6.1 on a
7300 this weekend and with the OF1.0.5 patch, video works 100% with
output device set to /chaos/control. Unless other 7xxx Macs do it also?

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- "Kirk to Enterprise: beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack." ----------------