Subject: ffcall dependency problems
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/20/2003 16:53:06
Hello,

i have a "problem". I want to try to compile again gnustep using the
pakcages, I see it has been widely updated. I use the latest pkgsrc.tar.gz
under NetBSD 1.6.

gnustep-base depends on ffcall-1.8d, the problem is that due to a kernel bug
(posted but never resolved) the mmap will fail for large amounts on 68040
processors (not, for example, on 68030).
I so have installed the binary package of ffcall-1.8.4 i have found on 1.6.1
release (it should work on 1.6, shouldn't it?). But now when I try to make
gnustep-base it still tries to download and build ffcall-1.8d trashing the
system

I also tried installing the 1.8 instead of the 1.8.4 version, but it doesn't
help! damn

Any suggestions besides fixing the kernel and installing a binary? where are
set the dependencies? I suppose that 1.8.4 is > than 1.8d ?

-ric