Subject: master site for booter?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/16/2003 21:51:35
I've finally gotten around to updating my mac68k box from a.out to ELF and
am having problems getting a working booter than deals with ELF.  In both
the 1.6 and 1.6.1 areas on the ftp server, I see the following files:

 Booter1.11.3.sea.bin
 Booter1.11.3.sea.hqx
 Booter1.11.4a3.sea.bin
 Booter1.11.4a3.sea.hqx
 Booter2.0.0a10-src.sea-link.sea
 Booter2.0.0a10.sea-link.sea
 Booter2.0.0a7-src.sea.hqx
 Booter2.0.0a7.sea.hqx

The ELF upgrade notes say I need 2.0.0a10 or 2.0.1a1.  So from the above
choices I suppose its Booter2.0.0a10.sea-link.sea that I need.  However, I
can't seem to get this to self extract.  I downloaded it in binary mode,
put it on a CD-ROM then copied to macos.  Had to use resedit to set the
type to APPL.  Then when I try and run it, I get some error which makes it
seem like maybe its not really an executible.

So my questions are:

Why are there 4 versions of the booter up for ftp with the 1.6.1 release?

Can any of them besides 2.0.0a10 boot an ELF kernel?

Can someone with binhex make a Booter2.0.0a10.sea.hqx?

What is a .sea-link.sea anyway?

Thanks for any help.

-Dan