Subject: cross build on macos x
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Olof Hennig <olof@hennig.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/14/2003 14:05:01
Tried to cross build a new kernel on my osx-system today and followed
instructions I got from Bruce Andersson here on the list. But the
computer fails when I'm trying to build the tools with:
cd /usr/netbsd-current/src &&\
  ./build.sh -U -T /usr/netbsd-current/tools\
  -m mac68k -D /usr/netbsd-current/build tools\
  2>&1 >>/usr/netbsd-current/build68k.log &

build.sh exits with:
===> build.sh command: ./build.sh -U -T /usr/netbsd-current/tools -m
mac68k -D /usr/netbsd-current/build tools
===> build.sh started: Sat Jun 14 13:50:21 CEST 2003
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

ERROR: Configure of nbmake failed
*** BUILD ABORTED ***

I have all the netbsd-current files downloaded, unziped and untared in
/usr/netbsd-current/src. Guess there's something I have missed, but my
skills are pretty limited so I hope someone on the list can give me a
few pointers (a cross build faq, if one exists, would be appreciated ;)

olof