Subject: re: incomplete base install
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Larson, Timothy E. <Larson.Timothy1@mayo.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/06/2003 15:00:43
>How big is your HD?
>If it's bigger than 1 GB you could try to repartition it and make sure
>that there's not a partition bigger than 1 GB on the first part of the
>disk. Perhaps something like this:
>1. MacOS, 50 MB
>2. Swap, 100 MB
>3. Root, 950 MB
>4. usr, rest of the HD
>Change it according to your prefs, but keep the first partitions bigger
>than 1GB as a total, but each partition smaller than 1 GB.
>Weird sollution that helped me when I had the same problem. You could
>find a better explanation if you search the faq.

Hmm, that might be it.
I have 2 drives, sd0 is 1.2GB, sd1 is 2GB.
The only "large" partition is /home on sd1 though.
The root partition is on sd0, and it is the first unix partition on that drive.
I thought it was just under 1GB, but I may be misremembering.
But as per another suggestion, I am going to try to boot single-user, mount everything, and unpack the tarballs that way.
Do these SCSI errors happen during use as well, or just during installation?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim Larson     <><   <><   <><   <><   <><     OL 4-131-2
Info. Services - Internal Medicine Clinical Systems, Mayo Clinic, Rochester