Subject: Re: NetBSD on 68LC040-based Macs
To: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
From: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/2003 17:27:15
Hi,

The fpu support is to have NO f instructions.  Ie, no fadd, fsub, etc.

The normal fpu support  is to have the finstructions in line.
This means that machines with fpus run at full speed.  Machines
without fpus trap those instructions to the fpu emulator
and run slower.  LC040s run badly :-)

The fpuless build will run slower on a system with
a fpu, but probably about the same speed on a system
without a fpu.  It should not matter what the mask level
of your LC040 is.

If you continue to buid with -msoft-float then all
should continue to be happy.

cheers

bruce