Subject: Re: NetBSD on 68LC040-based Macs
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Terence Tan <terence@calroth.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/05/2003 18:19:13
--Apple-Mail-1--815457402

On Thursday, Jun 5, 2003, at 05:29 Australia/Canberra, Riccardo Mottola
wrote:

> Is there a way to set that every succesive use of "gcc" will compile
> using
> fpu-emu? both for "ports" as for normal compilation.
>
> -ric

Not sure about the sysinst stuff.

Re: compiling stuff, I install all my LC040 software from pkgsrc
(a.k.a. ports). Built from source. In my /etc/mk.conf, I have the
following:

CXXFLAGS+=-msoft-float
CFLAGS+=-msoft-float

...as well as the usual MASTER_SITE stuff and whatever else takes your
fancy.

For reference, I've built and installed apache, perl, php, wget,
postfix, courier-imap, fetchmail, and bind in this way. All work nicely.

  -Terence

--Apple-Mail-1--815457402
	name=PGP.sig
content-disposition: inline