Subject: Cabletron ethernet and 1.6.1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: olof hennig <bbq@hennig.nu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/02/2003 18:05:56
Hi!

John Klos wrote a long time ago:
---
 > The link you gave me:
 > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/2001/02/24/0005.html on how
 > complile my own kernel doesn't work any more, however.

This was just fixed; the mail archive is now running off of the main
NetBSD www server.

I've looked at that post, and I will try to figure out how to make the
code automatically use the right values when it finds a Cabletron card.
---

Since I just "killed" my SE/30 by plugging in a faulty (didn't know
that then) external scsi-disk I may be looking forward to a complete
reinstall, though I hope I can fix it before it goes that far. Anyway I
wonder if netbsd 1.6.1 can automatically detect the cabletron card
nowdays. If so I'll upgrade, otherwise I'll just stick to 1.5.3 since
compiling takes forever on my machine -- or does anyone know if it's
possible to cross compile in macos x?

olof