Subject: Re: why we need MacOS to boot NetBSD? (FAQ)
To: Dan Willson <Dan.Willson@VPUADV.UAB.EDU>
From: Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/2003 22:42:13
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I understant it now. I was a little confused in the begining but now I
am prepared to install netbsd.

I have made some tests like running netbsd 1.6 generic kernel with
booter to see if it works and the kernel load without any problems. I
run MacOS 7.5.5 with only Mode32 extension enabled and with swap memory off
on my SE/30 8MB memory.

Related to disk space, I have no problem at all. Recently I substitute
my 100 MB disk with a "giant" Seagate Hawk 4GB, so I will not have any
problem allocating space to MacOS and NetBSD.

I will follow the manuals indicated in netbsd site: Matthew Theobald's
and llustrated Installation by Erik Winkler.

When I done it, I will post my impression on this list.

Thanks again,

		Nuno Teixeira

--

/*