Subject: RE: ssh performance on Mac SE/30
To: 'John Klos' <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Ingles, Raymond <Raymond.Ingles@compuware.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/2003 14:01:46
> From: John Klos [mailto:john@sixgirls.org]

> That was for NetBSD 1.5; now that CVS is part of the base system, it's
> easier to use that. Here are similar instructions, but updated.

 Thanks, to you and everyone else. I can confirm that ssh -1 works, and
is substantially faster than v2. Normal users can log in just fine. With
that, I was able to scp over the website I'm going to be setting up. I
just need to tweak a couple of items (set up the chroot jail, switch to
static IP for the DMZ LAN) and it should be ready to go.

 BTW, for serving static content this little SE/30 is dang fast; feels
at least as fast as my DSL connection to the Internet. :-> I will at some
point fairly soon try a full recompile, but for now I'm up and running.
Thanks again to all.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (248) 737-7300 x22317

             Microsoft Windows - Let it get in YOUR way.

and then destroy it.