Subject: Re: Nubus 90
To: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2003 02:50:59
Hi,

> I've a IIci with 68040, but saw a Quadra 800 for Eur 20, which I'm
> interested in mainly because of the larger memory potential.

A IIci can take up to 128 megs, but it's not easy to find the memory.
Also, the memory on the Quadra is much faster, especially when it's
interleaved.

> I've two questions: - Lowend Mac says this machine has "Nubus 90" slots.
> Are these backwards compatible with the avg Nubus card ? (like Faralon
> Etherwave?) - Is there something about the memory? It seems that these
> use quite mainstream 72-pins memory, and it should be easy to put 128 MB
> in them.

NuBus is NuBus on the Mac - any NuBus cards you find will work in either
machine.

Yes, you can easily have 136 megs of memory with four 32 meg SIMMs and the
8 meg built in.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs