Subject: Re: pb150 hdd
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Leander Seige <mjkl@gmx.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/2003 13:12:06
Hello,

thanks to all who answered!

The only partitioning tool that works on
my pb is pdisk. Drive Setup doesn't work,
I installed MacOS 7.5.3 for that but it simply
doesn't find the drive.
After partitioning the disc I tried to format
the HFS partiton from a boot floppy but this
restored the whole disc to one single HFS
partition. I need to find a solution for that.

Anyway - a friendly person from the IRC build
a kernel for me which supports IDE (the original
SMALLRAM didn't ... but audio ;-). This one
boots fine but doesn't start sysinst. I guess sysinst
is part of the install kernels - they include a kind
of bootable ramdisk, is this true?
But I need a medium to install from because the
netbsd kernels cannot read HFS partitions, right?
So the only way I can think of is an external scsi
drive or a serial connection (nfs or something). I
would prefer the second way if this is possible.

Currently I'm installing netbsd on a x86 box for
building my own kernels. I would like to try to
build such a SMALLRAM kernel with the
installation routines.

regards,
Leander