Subject: Re: pb150 hdd
To: None <leander@hgb-leipzig.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2003 10:09:31
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Leander Seige wrote:

> The powerbook has only 4MB RAM.
> I found this SMALLRAM kernel and it boots fine -
> at least a prompt "root device" appears where I can
> 'halt', 'reboot' and 'ddb'. The debugger seems to work ok.
> But this kernel does not find the IDE drive too. So I'll
> try to build my own SMALLRAM kernel with IDE
> support on a Linux system ... (never used netbsd before).

I think we need to add more kernels to the next (2.0) release,
but *not* a seperate kernel for every single model (of course).
Suggestions welcome.

> This works fine so far but still includes header files from
> linux - just in case someone has a link to a cross compilation
> howto handy :)

The supported (and easiest) way is to use "build.sh" to build a cross
tool-chain. With a full checkout of current "src", you could just do

   cd src
   ./build.sh tools kernel=MYKERNEL

in one step, assuming there's already a config called "MYKERNEL" in
.../src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/MYKERNEL.

Frederick