Subject: Re: m68k soft float (was illegal instruction)
To: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/2003 04:07:59
> If you don't use -msoft-float in default compile-time options, I'm
> also going to agree simply. but if you use it by default, I want to
> speak "wait a minite".

Of course it would not be enabled by default. People with LC040's would
have to know to add the option to their /etc/mk.conf if they want to
compile stuff.

> And if don't use -msoft-float by default, What do you think about
> release engineering?

I don't understand the question. Release engineering would deal with all
of the regular m68k ports. If, at some point, we decide we want to
autobuild m68k with soft float or have trees on the NetBSD server for soft
float snapshots, that's another issue.

First, let's get the code committed and well tested. Then we can talk
about how to deal with the rest. Yes?

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs