Subject: Re: m68k soft float (was illegal instruction)
To: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/2003 03:41:04
> John> Well, Bruce's patches are for m68k libc, so the platform wouldn't matter.
> John> I want to get the patches into -current, get everything working well and
> John> tested, then commit them to -current.
>
> Therefore!? All m68k ports are affected by m68k libc patches. Are you
> full of confidence getting agreement in all m68k ports, aren't you?

Well, yes; I don't think that's the issue. Because the changes need
compile-time options to work, it won't affect people who don't use it.
However, even if it causes problems, one must remember that -current is
for the introduction of new code for the purpose of testing.

There's not enough code to warrant a cvs branch to import later or
anything big like that.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs