Subject: Re: illegal instruction trap booting -current kernel
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/2003 02:36:50
>  > > +	fmove.x	#0,%fp0
>  >
>  > As we all like bootable and working source trees, I've committed this.
>  > How'd it get broken in the first place is what I'd like to know...
>
> ...as long as it's actually correct...

To date, I've seen many posts about -current not working, then this about
making -current work. So even if it's not the best fix, it's better than
being broken for the moment.

Hopefully, more people can test this and make sure it works, and give some
feedback. When I have time to set up my test Quadra, I will play with this
a bit, too.

Soon I hope to try to overhaul some of the FPU code to integrate real
-soft-float support, compliments of Bruce O'Neel, so we can finally have a
good, free Unix on LC040 machines (yay!)

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs