Subject: Re: Illegal instruction panic at kernel boot
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2003 20:20:13
On Feb 25,  8:34am, <ngc@ff.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>I also have similar problem.

<AOL>
Me too.
</AOL>

>On Quadra 630(CPU is exchanged to "full" 040) and PowerBook 550c
>(also have "full" 040), I tried booting the kernel built from
>-current source at Febrary 18.
>I built kernels with configuration GENERIC for Quadra 630 and
>GENERICSBC for PowerBook.

On a Quadra 650, GENERIC kernel as I've always run.  Updated sources as
of today, Feb. 24, 1800PST.

>When trying to boot, immediately panics and falls into DDB,
>with "FPU trap" register logs.

I get the copyright notices, then Kernel FPU trap.  PC=0x3946.  No keyboard.

>With -current kernel source at 2002/12/01, there is no problem
>when booting.

Yeah.  The last kernel I built, late November, works.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Whether you can hear it or not
The Universe is laughing behind your back
		-- National Lampoon, "Deteriorada"