Subject: Illegal instruction panic at kernel boot
To: NetBSD Mac68k Port <Port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2003 22:07:46
I have not been able to boot a self-built kernel anymore since the 17th
of January. Every kernel I build (weather it's a custom or a GENERIC)
fails immediately when NetBSD "takes over", I've even tried builds
without optimazations. I've rebuilt the toolchain, tried older booter
versions and cleaned everything, but nothing appears to work.
Distribution kernels work, however.

After launching the kernel from the booter, the kernel immediately
panics with an illegal instruction, register contents in hex and a
"db>" prompt.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? My kernel is at:
<http://reinier.jonkerware.com/tmp/netbsd.bz2>
And my config:
<http://reinier.jonkerware.com/tmp/Quadra840.bz2>
(although I don't think the problem lies in the config, since the same
config has worked for months and current GENERIC kernels also crash)

If you need more information about the contents of the panic message, I
can reboot and write it down, I don't know if that's required.

Thanks in advance if anybody is willing to help me. I'm probably doing
something terribly wrong, but I have no idea what that might be.

--
Best Regards,

Reinier Jonker