Subject: Re: panic: cnopen....
To: Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2003 20:23:12
> > Well, 7.5.3 doesn't cost you anything to download, but it's not GPL or
> > soemthing like that. Apple still owns it, but provides it as a service.
>
> well, but if it's really free to download and use, there is no problem in
> downloading and using it, right?

Correct. They don't like people passing it around, however, but they have
no problems if you download it from them.

> > 7.1 is *not* free for download (oddly, probably due to third-party code).
> > This is a shame since I think it runs much better on the Mac II series
> > than 7.5.x and up.
>
> but 7.5 is nicer :D
> or not?

This is getting way off-topic, but 7.1 is smaller, faster, sleeker, more
stable, and compatible with most of the control panels and INITs introduced
with 7.5 and 7.6 but with minimal kernel bloat. You can even coerce OS 8
Appearance Manager to run on System 7.1.

Unfortunately, it is *not* a free download. Neither is 7.6 and higher.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Xerox never comes up with anything original. -------------------------------