Subject: Re: How to move usr and var folder to a partition?
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2003 12:21:51
--yudcn1FV7Hsu/q59

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:09:40PM +0100, Pascal BEZOU wrote:
> Thanks. One more question:
> When do I delete the old /usr and /var? right after pax, in single user m=
ode
> (mounting the partition read/write), or in the root account before
> modification of the fstab? Or somewhere else?

Exactly when you're sure that rm'ing them won't hurt anything.

I'd probably mv them to /usr.rm and /var.rm, mkdir /usr and /var
new, mount the new ones, and wait a few weeks to make sure I hadn't
broken anything before doing an rm -r /usr.rm /var.rm.

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--yudcn1FV7Hsu/q59