Subject: Re: panic: cnopen....
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2003 16:01:03
Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu> :

> Can you even boot the sysinst kernel?

i've never been able to boot that kernel... it hanged before switching to
netbsd... do you remember?

> Well, 7.5.3 doesn't cost you anything to download, but it's not GPL or
> soemthing like that. Apple still owns it, but provides it as a service.

well, but if it's really free to download and use, there is no problem in
downloading and using it, right?

> 7.1 is *not* free for download (oddly, probably due to third-party code).
> This is a shame since I think it runs much better on the Mac II series
> than 7.5.x and up.

but 7.5 is nicer :D

or not?

> Do you have another hard drive you could swap out?

i can do that, but it means moving the hd to another pc with the scsi
controller... i've done that so much times... uff...

--
"Chocobos ignore humans who don't look like they'll give them greens"
 - Final Fantasy 7