Subject: Re: panic: cnopen....
To: Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2003 06:30:05
> > AFAIK it won't hurt anything to make devices again, so give it another
>
> tried. still doesn't work.
> a guy told me to try to do a "MAKEDEV wscons"... but there is NO MAKEDEV in
> /dev.... :|

Can you even boot the sysinst kernel?

> > If you actually observed this (!), I would blast the hard disk, make a
> > "small" MacOS partition, and install whatever full install you can find
> > (Apple allows downloads of 7.5.3 for free, though I prefer 7.1 and happen
> > to be a legal owner).
>
> let me understand: 7.5.3 can be downloaded for free, but it's not really
> free (like GIFs?). Instead 7.1 can be used without any problem?

Well, 7.5.3 doesn't cost you anything to download, but it's not GPL or
soemthing like that. Apple still owns it, but provides it as a service.

7.1 is *not* free for download (oddly, probably due to third-party code).
This is a shame since I think it runs much better on the Mac II series than
7.5.x and up.

> well... i'd try that... but netbsd took more than 4 hours to install...
> could i copy it somewhere and then copy it to the hard disk? would this
> work?

Do you have another hard drive you could swap out?

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- BOND THEME NOW PLAYING: "Surrender" from "Tomorrow Never Dies" -------------