Subject: Re: panic: cnopen....
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2003 09:06:43
Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu> :

> AFAIK it won't hurt anything to make devices again, so give it another

tried. still doesn't work.

a guy told me to try to do a "MAKEDEV wscons"... but there is NO MAKEDEV in
/dev.... :|

> What is a 'sdeng'? IIcis don't make the chimes of death; they usually
> just don't do anything if they're insulted beyond the point of booting
> (which yours is not).

sometimes in the moment i power on... he does that short sound (i'll try to
record it :) and then boots. recently i noticed sometimes does not. but no
idea what does it mean (oh, sorry my bad english... i've been frequenting
only-italian ML for too long :/

> If you actually observed this (!), I would blast the hard disk, make a
> "small" MacOS partition, and install whatever full install you can find
> (Apple allows downloads of 7.5.3 for free, though I prefer 7.1 and happen
> to be a legal owner).

let me understand: 7.5.3 can be downloaded for free, but it's not really
free ¹ (like GIFs?). Instead 7.1 can be used without any problem?

well... i'd try that... but netbsd took more than 4 hours to install...
could i copy it somewhere and then copy it to the hard disk? would this
work?

> 7.6 is fine too. A/UX installs its own version of 7.0.1, but that
> shouldn't make the Mac not power down.

dunno

¹ i do not mean "free software", obviously :)

--
"What's wrong with C++ ?"
"The ++"