Subject: How to move usr and var folder to a partition?
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Pascal BEZOU <pbezou@makiciel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2003 19:12:06
Hi everybody!

I install a complete NetBSD on my first partition (Sd0a), and I also have 3
more partitions. Now I would like to:
- move the /usr folder to /dev/sd0g and then mount /dev/sd0g as /usr
- move the /var folder to /dev/sd0d and then mount /dev/sd0d as /var
(I will made the modification in fstab to mount the partitions properly)

Do I must use mv, cp, cpio, tar or pax to copy or move the content of the
usr and var folders to my partitions? I must keep file permissions and
links.
And what option I need for this command?

Thanks to help me.

PS: I can't mount these partitions in the installer (HD>1Go) and I can't
boot in sysinst method, that's why I need to do this.
PPS: I used mv a few days ago, everything seems fine but I don't use NetBSD
too much after (I made a mistake and need to reinstall it :-( )