Subject: RE: Lacie Drivers
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Willson <Dan.Willson@VPUADV.UAB.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2003 09:36:14
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 at 9:09 AM,
Matthew Bryant [mailto:mathias01@mac.com] wrote:
<snip>
I posted awhile back about a 2.0 Gig lacie hdd not getting along with
netBSD, though no one responded. I think I have narrowed the problem
down to either a bad drivers, or bad driver instillation or some of the
first blocks of the disk being bad.
</snip>

My apologies if I misread Matthew's comments, but it sounded like he has
only tried formatting with SilverLining. So ...

Every LaCie external drive we have at work has worked fine (or better in
most cases, one particular 18 GB drive comes to mind ;-) when formatted with
Apple's Drive Setup utility on PPC Macs. Have you tried reformatting this
drive using Apple HD SC Setup (more specifically, a patched version that
works with third-party drives)? You can find more about that here:

http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/hdsetup.html

http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/patch.html

http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/hdpatch.html

Dan Willson