Subject: Re: panic: cnopen....
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono <lo_oris@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2003 16:30:17
Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu> :

> Go into the Mini-Shell and ls /dev

full of devices. sd0? are major number 4 and minor number 0~6 or 1~7 i
don't remember - and ls in the mini-shell does NOT support wildcards :|

> In no uncertain terms, you have a messed up IIci :-P both my IIcis
> immediately power down if the rear button is pressed.

:(

1) the power-on sound is a sdeng (and always have been a sdeng, since i
own that mac), not a chime, but i don't know what the sdeng means. and also
when the poweroff works the power-on sound is a sdeng.

2) when i got it it had a half-broken system7.5.3 installed, and did not
power off. i installed 7.6 and it power-off'ed -_- correctly. then i
installed a/ux other than system7.6, and it didn't power off again. after
removing it, it worked.

3) now i have in a partition system7.6 in another partition system7.5.3,
and netbsd in other partitions. and it does not poweroff anymore...

maybe if i boot a unix os, doesn't matter if i reboot then, it can't
power-off anymore? i'll try to boot macOS and shutdown without touching any
unix... :|

--
"Bleeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!! bleeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh!!! Goblin! Goblin!"
 - a goblin