Subject: Re: daystar turbo 040
To: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu>
From: Yasufumi_Suzuki <tama@tcn-catv.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/2003 23:30:08
Hello,
Please forgive my poor sentences I don't understand English.

At 6:57 PM -0800 03.2.18, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>  > Is this accelerator supported (in the SE/30 in particular)?
>
>I believe some people have tried and reported failure, though not on the
>SE/30, necessarily. There seems to still be issues with '040 accelerators
>on '030 architectures. Nevertheless, it's still worth a shot. :-)

I have Daystar Turbo 040 too, and I tried it RasterOps PaintBoard Lightning
1.1 video card inserted except for MacIIci. It's because it couldn't be
started up only in Dayster Turbo 040 card. System is 7.5.5.
Dmesg wrote
--------dmesg extraction-------
NetBSD 1.6I (GENERIC) #29: Mon Oct 14 08:30:18 PDT 2002
     root2@c610:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERIC
Apple Macintosh IIci  (68040)
cpu: delay factor 1281
total memory = 49152 KB
avail memory = 41512 KB
nubus0 at mainbus0
macvid0 at nubus0 slot c: PaintBoard Lightning 1.1
macvid0: Unknown video card ID 0x42e -- Not installing interrupt routine.
macvid0: 1024 x 768, 16 color
macfb0 at macvid0
wsdisplay0 at macfb0 (kbdmux ignored): console (std, vt100 emulation)
fpu0 at mainbus0 (mc68040)
But, output indication to the monitor was a little wrong. Furthermore,
MacIIci didn't boot up from booter when I inserted two NIC CARD. The method
which it coped with though it seemed that interrupt routine collided with
me wasn't found out. I don't know a case of Mac/SE30.

Will it be useful? If It's possible to use  Daystar Turbo 040 on my
Mac/IIci I want to use it.
Yasufumi_Suzuki  tama@tcn-catv.ne.jp  http://www.tcn-catv.ne.jp/~tama