Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 doesn't install on Mac IIci with 4GB HD
To: port-mac68k @ netbsd. org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/2003 11:03:17
--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:59:11AM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Not meaning to spoil your anti-MacOS sentiments...   ;)

Turns out I actually *like* Mac OS (and got to NetBSD by way of it,
only buying my first wintel-based hardware in the past couple of
years), but no one could argue that it's memory model isn't severely
broken.

> ...but the MacOS with its memory management is long gone when the install
> kernel pax(1) comes into play. NetBSD has to take the full blame for not
> fitting into 8 MByte RAM.

Natch. Well, we should fix that then. :^>

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--mxv5cy4qt+RJ9ypb