Subject: Re: Netatalk authentication problem from OS X - 8.1 works
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/2003 14:57:11
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Michael G. Schabert wrote:

> >Try using the *netatalk* package. I don't even know why we're still
> >keeping the obsolete versions in netatalk-asun and netatalk-umich
> >around. A quick look at the home page on SourceForge shows that even
> >that package is out-of-date -- they'are at 1.6.0 already -- but 1.5.5
> >is probably your best bet. The package you're using was released
> >before Darwin was even thought of.
>
> On my alpha, I tried updating from netatalk-asun to netatalk about a
> month ago (1.6k). I deleted the netatalk-asun package and installed
> the netatalk-proper package. After that, my connections from my OS9.1
> clients were flaky and large transfers would fail. Reversing my
> delete/install to -asun fixed the problem.

I just updated the package to 1.6.0. Would you please give that a try?
It looks like 1.6.1 will be out in a couple of weeks, too. If there is
a regression with NetBSD-alpha vs. OS9.1 that persists with the
current version, you might also bring that up with the netatalk people
on one of the forums or mailing lists, or file a bug report.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/netatalk/

I did find a report of a problem with large directories with 1.5.1 on
RedHat 8.0, but with no follow-up. That may (or may not) have been
fixed by now.

Frederick