Subject: Re: Netatalk authentication problem from OS X - 8.1 works
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/2003 01:47:16
>Sounds like a bug in the script. They're not supposed to do anything
>if you don't have
>
>atalkd=YES
>afpd=YES
>papd=YES
>
>and maybe
>
>timelord=YES
>
>or
>
>timelord=NO
>
>I think that's fixed in netatalk-1.5.5, the latest version.

For the -asun package, I've just always had
"/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/netatalk" in my rc.local.

>Try using the *netatalk* package. I don't even know why we're still
>keeping the obsolete versions in netatalk-asun and netatalk-umich
>around. A quick look at the home page on SourceForge shows that even
>that package is out-of-date -- they'are at 1.6.0 already -- but 1.5.5
>is probably your best bet. The package you're using was released
>before Darwin was even thought of.

On my alpha, I tried updating from netatalk-asun to netatalk about a
month ago (1.6k). I deleted the netatalk-asun package and installed
the netatalk-proper package. After that, my connections from my OS9.1
clients were flaky and large transfers would fail. Reversing my
delete/install to -asun fixed the problem.

Just my thoughts,
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.