Subject: Re: Netatalk authentication problem from OS X - 8.1 works
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Bhavesh Patel <lists@macdrivermuseum.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/14/2003 23:54:12
Thanks for the help!  I went with the precompiled netatalk 1.5.3.1 package
and replaced the netatalk-asun.  I haven't advanced to 'rolling' my own yet
:).  I followed the setup messages left at the end of the netatalk install
and all works fine now.

The google searches and netatalk web pages I found pointed my to the asun
package if I wanted to connect from OS X, but I guess either Jaguar or
netatalk 1.5+ have eliminated that obstacle.

Now on to installing Samba - wish me luck!

Cheers,
Bhavesh