Subject: kernel for NetBSD on PB 145B?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Jens Ropers <ropers@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2003 13:14:30
Hi there,

I am trying to install NetBSD on a PowerBook 145B.
That machine is obviously seriously limited (and documented as only being able to boot a stripped down kernel, plus to only run text mode).

I have downloaded the Booter program and a kernel, but I cannot get it to boot (no matter what memory assignments I define in Mac OS 7.0.x' Get Info panel).
Apparently my problem is that the kernel I have doesn't fit into my sorry 4MB RAM.
I don't have any kit that I could compile a kernel on.

- Does anyone happen to run NetBSD on a PB 145B?
(I tried finding users using that database, but it didn't work.)

- Could anyone possibly actually provide a stripped down kernel I could try?

Many thanks in advance :)

Jens