Subject: Re: Sonic microSCSI again
To: Lukas Kaminski <lukas.kaminski@gmx.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/2003 23:49:54
At 17:38 Uhr +0100 11.2.2003, Lukas Kaminski wrote:
>The adapter was/is connected to a performa 475 which should act as a router
>for a 512kbit DSL line and a small (max 4 computer) home-network. The
>Question : Is a mac IIci (which i have) with a pair of nubus ethernet cards
>(which i not have) fast enough to do it?

With the in-kernel pppoe driver in 1.6, it should be, if the IIci is idle
otherwise. I got max. 17 Kbytes/sec from a IIci with cache card under 1.5.3
and rp-pppoe; my sparcstation 10 shows no load at all with ~90 Kbytes/sec
and in-kernel pppoe.

	hauke

N.B. I've got a few spare ethernet cards and a spare IIci cache card (~30%
wall clock speed-up) if you need them - and cannot pick them up on ebay.

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email