Subject: Re: Case
To: Ajai Khattri <ajai@bway.net>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/2003 15:39:16
--On Wednesday, February 05, 2003 15:24 -0500 Ajai Khattri
<ajai@bway.net> wrote:

> Is there some trick to opening up an SE 30?
>
> I have removed all the screws and the programmers switch.
> How do I pry it open?!

If it's like the earliest Macs (128k, FatMac,...), you need a tool
that's kinda like a slotted screwdriver with a blade that's about 3in
wide (3rd party memory folks and others used to sell special tools for
this). As I recall, you can use a ruler or similar object. The idea is
to lay the Mac on its face and wedge the ruler (longways) into the slot
between the front and rear part of the case (this slot being near the
front on the orig Macs) and wiggle it around until the pieces separate
enough to pull the back off.

HTH,
Mark